Battaglia is serious about safety. That is why we created our Serious About Safety Program and Safety Council.
Each employee has a responsibility for their own safety and health, and that of others in the workplace. In carrying out their assigned work, each employee must observe all safety and health standards related to their work. They will immediately report any unsafe working conditions or practices to their foremen. All work will be conducted in a safe, efficient, workmanlike manner and in accordance with safety standards of the trade and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
- Four Full -Time Safety Managers on staff
- SAS Leadership Council is a team made up of supervisors & field employees:
- Analyzing iAuditor data for trending problem areas
- Developing corrective actions and enhanced or new procedures to address these deficiencies.
- Create Lesson’s Learned from any good catches or incidents
- Oversee the messages in the monthly SAS newsletter
- Microsoft Power Business Intelligence for iAuditor software
- Tabulates data for deeper analysis
- On-boarding training for all employees & subcontractors
- Onboarding is program developed specifically for each project & customer
- Annual SAS certification for all employees & subcontractors
- Daily morning “Tailgate Talk”
- Daily morning text blasts with weather conditions & daily safety message
- Daily site safety visits & audits
- Weekly focused audit for all sites